We are ready to help when you need us.
Community Living’s highly-qualified professionals use a person-centered process to develop, implement and maintain each person’s individualized plan for employment.
Our staff works with each person from the point of intake (the very first meeting) through career exploration, job development, job placement, on-the-job training and job retention.
Stages & How It Works:
- During career exploration, our staff helps each individual create an employment roadmap by identifying their preferences, including potential job sites and preferred jobs.
- Job development helps identify employment opportunities available to the individual, barriers to success and needed support.
- Job placement gets the individual ready for the workforce by developing a resume, practicing interview skills, completing applications and conducting interviews.
- On-the-job training provides on-site training and support to assist in learning the essential functions of the job and to acclimate to the culture of the workplace.
- Job retention is the ongoing on-site contact with the employee and employer to ensure long-term success. Visits are conducted with the employee and employer twice per month.
Our goal is to match each candidate with their ideal job. We are committed to providing ongoing supports to help individuals maintain employment.