The season of giving is upon us! Have you found yourself caught up in the hustle and bustle of large gatherings with families and friends or staring at nearly bare shelves scratching your head in disbelief of the estimated shipping times due to supply chain shortages?
You may have snickered a time or two when you’ve heard that age-old phrase of, “it’s better to give than receive!” But it really is true for a nonprofit like Community Living. When you make a donation on our website, your gift is added to our Annual Fund. This fund is the money we use for the things we need most. By donating, you’re saying that you too envision a community where ALL people lead fulfilling lives. You’re making an investment in 1,000 children and adults with developmental disabilities, right here in St. Charles County.
Community Living delivers life-enriching, outcome-based programming thanks to our reliable funding streams. However, donations from individuals and sponsors, like YOU, support the extras that give our programming a special, personal touch.
As good stewards of your generous donations, we put your gifts into action! Here are some examples of how YOU make a difference.
- $10: will buy craft supplies for a resident to enjoy and participate in an activity in one of our residential settings
- $50: will support the cost of one person attending a book club event with peers with a disability through our adult recreation program
- $100: will pay for a bowling outing for a small group of adults with disabilities through our adult recreation program
- $500: will provide two weeks of summer camp for one child through our SOAR program
- $1,000: will provide a week-long stay including overnights at the Respite Care Home for an individual with disabilities
During this season of giving, please consider a gift that supports the mission of Community Living!