Your gift allows Community Living, Inc. to continue to enrich the lives of people with disabilities so they can achieve their highest potential. This is done by providing children and adults with services and programs to allow them to live, learn and work in our community. In turn, they make our community inclusive, diverse and a better place to live. Gifts can also be made:
- over the phone — please call 636-970-2800 and ask for the Development Department
- by mail — see mailing address below
Many companies offer Matching Gift Programs. When you make a gift to Community Living for any reason, consider how your gift might make an even greater impact by using the power of the matching gift. Over the years, several local and national companies have matched, and continue to match, employee gifts to Community Living. Click here for a list of matching employers.
Future Gifts — Planned Giving
The goal of planned giving is to help you plan your estate and charitable giving in a way that benefits you, your family and charity. Your gift can be a life changer to someone in our community with a disability.
- Charitable Bequests are assets that pass to a charity at the death of the donor through a will, trust, or beneficiary designations. Assets may include cash, marketable securities, closely held stock, other investments, real estate, or tangible personal property. You can arrange to bequeath a gift in several different ways, including a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or from assets remaining after providing for family members. A bequest is also a good option for smaller estates.
- Life Insurance is a wonderful tool to replace the value of a donation for the donor’s family, because its value is set, and does not go up and down with the market. You may also find that your life insurance policies are no longer necessary, for instance, if you have survived a spouse or have grown children.
- Community Living, Inc. may be designated as a beneficiary on all or part of a Retirement Plan Asset including a pension plan, 401(k) or 403(b) plan, Individual Retirement Account (IRA), profit-sharing plan or stock bonus plan. This may be a great way for you to provide a legacy gift while receiving potential tax benefits.
- Community Living may be designated as a remainder beneficiary of a Special Needs Trust. If any assets remain in the trust at the time of death of the Life Beneficiary, they may be distributed to the named remainder beneficiaries.
No Cost To You Giving
eScrip through Schnucks
Community Living participates in the eScrip program, a fundraising program that benefits our organization, and ultimately, the people who use our programs and services.
What is it?
eScrip is a fundraising program that utilizes the power of shopping to support local charities.
How does it work?
Shop locally — Every time you shop at Schnucks, you can make a difference. By showing your eScrip card, Schnucks will donate a percentage of your purchases to Community Living.
Dine Out — By registering your debit and credit cards at eScrip and then dining at participating restaurants, you can support Community Living.
Shop Online — By shopping the eScrip online mall, you can take advantage of featured offers while making a difference to the individuals Community Living serves.
For more information, go to eScrip. For a pre-registered Schnucks eScrip card, call 636-970-2800.
Community Living is a registered charity with AmazonSmile.
What is it?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that allows customers to shop the same wide selection of products year round, with the same low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Community Living.
How does it work?
When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers will sign in (using the same information as you would with Amazon) and select a charitable organization. Or, click here for Community Living’s charity link. Once customers are logged in and select a charitable organization, the shopping begins.
Not only do you get good deals, Community Living will get a portion donated back on all eligible purchases. These dollars help enrich the lives of people with disabilities so they can achieve their highest potential. It’s a win/win for both of us!