Respite Care Home Shift Nurse (RN), Part-Time
The Shift Nurse is responsible for a high quality of medical care and treatment to individuals staying at the Respite Care Home. The Shift Nurse will document medical care and treatment as outlined in the current Nurse Practice Act. This position supervises Direct Support professionals on their shift.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the overall safety, health, and welfare of all persons served.
- Documents medical care and treatment per the current Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists Direct Support Professionals in providing all aspects of care.
- Provides consultative services to all Community Living residential facilities as needed. For example, covering on call, taking calls during the day, etc.
- Responsible for infection control / blood borne pathogens standards and compliance through the use of universal and standard precautions.
- Responsible for administering medications, appropriate storage of and accounting for medications, documentation of medication administration, etc. The Shift Nurse is also responsible for training Direct Support Staff who are Med Aide Certified on any RN delegations in the event a nurse is not on duty as well as tracking Direct Support Staff medication passes, as appropriate.
- Documents appropriately in our electronic documentation system regarding the person’s served visit. Documentation should include general information regarding their stay, health notes and any changes in health status, as well as anything out of the ordinary.
- Serves as a liaison with pharmacies as well as all consulting healthcare practitioners, medical offices, and hospitals for Respite Care Home medical residential placements (not regular respite users).
- Accompanies Respite Care Home residential placements (not regular respite users) to doctor’s appointments, as appropriate.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Initiates socialization and interaction with program persons served.
- Anticipates, analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves problems.
- Demonstrates initiative to learn and implement new concepts, technologies, and/or methods.
- Appropriately handles difficult or sensitive issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively communicates, builds rapport, and relates well to all kinds of people.
- Works collaboratively and productively with others.
- Completes and maintains all required trainings.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Directly supervise Direct Support Professionals on duty in the absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager of the Respite Care Home.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year previous experience preferred.
- Maintain sound nursing judgment.
- Assess vital signs parameters and recognize when to call 911.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, assessment, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Driver’s License
- RN License in the State of Missouri
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Moderate Work – Exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing, and walking are common.
Prerequisites for Employment:
- Criminal Background Check
- Family Care Safety Registry Check
- Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Check, Proof of Insurance
Note to Applicants: Employment listings are updated periodically and are subject to change without prior notice. Community Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Community Living strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees or applicants with regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other legally protected status.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated services rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.