Support Services For Adults
This program provides services to adults who are not employed but want a meaningful and productive day in order to achieve their full potential.
Before & After Care
Before and after care is offered to individuals so parents/caregivers can maintain employment.
- Before Care – starts as early as 7 am
- After Care – ends as late as 6 pm
- This is a private pay service.
- This is not an outcome-based service.
Criteria into the program include: 18 years or older and not able to benefit from services through the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), a qualifying developmental disability and a resident of St. Charles County.
- Full time: Monday through Friday – 6 hours per day
- Part-time: Minimum 2 days per week
- Transportation is not provided
- Medication administration is provided by qualified staff as needed. There is no direct medical staff on location.
- Productive activities are outcome-based and include volunteer jobs on-site and in the community.
- Outcome-based individualized goals may address; socialization, communication, self-care, work skills, community access, and therapy needs.
Day Center Locations:
Volunteer Service Projects
The Day Program is always looking for new volunteer opportunities to complete in the community or at the center. We partner with the following organizations doing on and off-site volunteer work:
- Cleaning and packaging eyeglasses for the Lions Club
- Sorting and bundling shoes for Shoes & Hope
- Clipping and packaging coupons for military families through Troopons
- Assembling literacy bags for the Library District
- Delivering meals for Meals on Wheels
- Sorting hangers and working in the store at Renewed Treasures
- Reading to dogs at the Humane Society
(this is not an all-inclusive list)