Employment Services assists individuals with disabilities in identifying their skills and interests, matches them with employers, and provides job coaching and retention services for the life of the job.
Staff work with each individual from the point of intake through career exploration, job development, job placement, on-the-job training and job retention.
Employment Services Offered:
- During Discovery and Explorations, our staff helps each individual create an employment roadmap by identifying their preferences, including potential job sites and preferred jobs. The information is then utilized to identify employment opportunities available to the individual.
- Job Development assists individuals in searching for the best possible job match based on skills and abilities. It also includes interview skills training, resume assistance, job application assistance and job placement.
- Job Supports provides individualized on-the-job training, which is available 24 hours a day.
- Follow Along (retention) allows for long-term on-the-job support for the life of the individual’s job.
Through our B.E.S.T. (Building Employment Skills Training) program, Community Living, Inc. works with individuals who require additional assistance in reaching their full employment potential. The purpose of the B.E.S.T. program is to help equip individuals with important job and workplace skills and to develop the confidence needed to succeed in the workforce. This program is individualized and the area of focus varies from person to person.
Typically the skills worked on include: interpersonal skills such as communication, social awareness, teamwork, accepting criticism, and professional etiquette. Additional areas which are addressed include building stamina and increasing speed.
Well-trained and qualified workers that meet your employment needs!
- Community Living’s Employment Services provides candidates with a full range of skills and abilities to meet your employment needs.
- Employment Services’ professional staff provides training on the job at NO COST to you or your employee and will work with you and your employee for the duration of the job to ensure success.
- Our aim is to fill jobs with capable and competent employees to ensure maximum satisfaction for both employers and employees.
- Our employees and vocational staff are available to work in your business 24/7.
We work in many avenues of employment, including: assembly, clerical, retail, custodial/janitorial, food and laundry services to name a few.
Some businesses may be eligible for a tax credit through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program (WOTC). Our staff can assist in completing WOTC paperwork. For more information, go to the United States Department of Labor.
Other helpful links
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Developmental Disabilities Resource Board
- Association of People Supporting Employment First