The Assistant Manager of the Respite Care Home is responsible for assisting with the hiring, training, growth, and development of the Direct Support Professional staff. This position is also responsible for monitoring and assuring the provision of quality supports and services as well as the programmatic coordination of activities and programs assigned. The Assistant Manager will work as “direct support professional” when needed, share on-call duties, and cross-train with the Manager of the Respite Care Home. This role will perform all staff duties and ensure the safety and welfare of all persons served. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing and the scheduling and training of new hires. Other duties include implementing and assisting with the participation in community activities as well as modifying activities when needed. The Assistant Manager will oversee meal menus and shopping, balance persons’ served checkbooks and financials, prepare quarterly financials, and perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
This is a full-time 40 hrs/wk position, working varied days including evenings and weekends, shares on-call duties.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant experience.
- Possess sound oral and written communication skills as well as decision-making skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills.
- Ability to drive large van to and from events, programs, etc. Must assist clients entering and exiting the van. Lock down wheelchairs on vans.
- Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Physically assist participants as needed. Lift participants who cannot bear weight. Push and maneuver wheelchairs.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which include:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Family Care Safety Registry Check
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.