The Assistant Director of Residential Services is responsible for the hiring, training, growth and development of the staff. This position is also responsible for monitoring and assuring the provision of quality supports and services as well as the programmatic coordination of activities for those facilities and programs assigned. Duties include but are not limited to oversight of employee relations for all assigned facilities and programs. Supporting and promoting leadership in residential supervisors. Completing all required paperwork to ensure compliance with Community Living, Inc., DMH, CARF as well as Medicaid Waiver regulations and other agencies. Promoting team concept among residential supervisors, providing crisis intervention including crisis management of the homes as needed. Anticipating, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems. Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people, and assuming all other duties assigned.
This is a full-time flexible position, hours to include occasional weekends and evenings.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in a social service or related field is preferred. (QDDP qualified)
· Minimum of three years’ experience with the intellectual and developmental disabled population is required.
· Previous supervisory/management experience is required.
· Must possess the ability to effectively communicate, listen and direct team members in a constructive and timely manner. Must be able to deal with issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy.
· Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise and professional manner.
· Demonstrate an ability to relate to, positively interact with and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Must demonstrate strong leadership and decision making skills.
· Possess excellent computer skills.
· Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
o Pre-employment drug test
o Criminal Background Check
o Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
o Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.