Nursing Services RN
The Nursing Services RN is responsible for a high quality of medical care and treatment to persons served of designated programs operated by Community Living, Inc. The Nurse will document medical care and treatment as outlined in the current Nurses Practice Act and insure that all Department of Mental Health (DMH) and CARF standards related to health/medical issues are met. This position is responsible for the overall safety, health and welfare of all persons served.
Other responsibilities and duties include working with Medical Support Staff on all medical issues related to residents. Documenting medical care and treatment per the current Nurse Practice Act, assisting support staff in providing all aspects of care.
Writing assessments and summaries for assigned persons served and attending resident annual meetings and doctor appointments as appropriate. See each assigned person served a minimum of once per month.
The Nursing Services RN will also serve as liaison with pharmacy as well as consulting health care practitioners, medical offices and hospitals. Write physician’s orders on a quarterly basis for assigned persons served and obtain physician’s signature, review and revise MARs monthly and participate in the on-call rotation.Responsible for infection control, blood borne pathogens training standards and compliance. This position is also responsible for all medication administration details: policy, implementation, training, storage, documentation, etc. Anticipate, analyze, diagnose and resolve problems. Effectively handle difficult or sensitive issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy. Assume other duties as assigned.
This is a fulltime position, must be willing to work a flexible schedule and requires some travel to agency sites within St. Charles County.
Pay rate: Commensurate with experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Three years previous experience in the administration of services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- RN License in the State of Missouri
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.