Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Specialist position will develop , coordinate and implement multiple channels of communications to promote Community Living, Inc., both internally and externally. The position is responsible for brand management, design and maintenance of collateral and promotional materials, managing website and all social media. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and will require occasional hours outside the traditional work week (early mornings, late evenings and weekends).
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will also lead efforts to design and disseminate external communication to clients, partners, and the community. Key projects include internal and external newsletters, e-blasts, Community Living’s annual report, social media communications, videos and more. This includes promotion and collateral materials for annual events, donor campaigns, volunteer communications and working with staff to identify clients, staff and partners for testimonials. Other duties may include: updating and maintaining a document library of all Community Living marketing materials, technical writing, graphic design and layout of marketing materials including, but not limited to, flyers, brochures and presentations while providing oversight, review, administration and usage of the branding of Community Living including logo usage. Maintaining rapport with agency leadership and staff to ensure open communication and the sharing of ideas is a key component of this position.
This is a full-time position. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and will require occasional hours outside the traditional work week (early morning, late evenings and weekends).
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
• Two to three years’ preferred.
• Must be able to master the use of graphic design/desktop publishing using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Publisher and all social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Proficient in web content management systems and e-mail marketing systems.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, work well under deadlines pressure, and be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Has the ability to take the initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, ideas, and methods.
• Possess superior grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Anticipates the customer needs and provides them with the necessary information or assistance.
• Demonstrates a genuine concern and respect for others and handles difficult or sensitive issues using tact and diplomacy.
• Must possess the ability to work comfortably with diverse groups (board members, clients, staff, management and client families)
• Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
o Pre-employment drug test
o Criminal Background Check
o Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.