This position is responsible for the overall leadership, quality, day to day operations and the financial needs of the program as well as the hiring, training, growth and development of the Adult Recreation staff. The Manager is also responsible for the safety and welfare of the persons served, staff and volunteers participating in the program. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, financials, safety assurance, employee relations and documentation. The Manager also insures positive relationships with Member’s, parents, guardians, family members, partners, employees, volunteers and the community.
Primary responsibilities and duties include planning and coordinating long range program growth and development, providing leadership and support to each individual program and event, hire, train and supervise recreation staff. Coordinating the allocation of funds for Recreation Services, acting as a point of contact in regards to budgeting and related financial matters, developing and implementing strategies to increase efficiencies. Ensuring that program meet targets for outcomes as demonstrated through a regular evaluation and reporting process with individuals input. Developing and maintaining a working relationship with other public and private recreation providers, members, parents/care givers, volunteers, service clubs, civic leaders and related venues. Promotes quality supports and services. Drive large van to and from events, programs, etc. Must assist persons served entering and exiting the van. Lock down wheel chairs on vans.
Oversees program compliance with Developmental Disabilities Resource Board, completes all projects and paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. The Manager of Recreation Services is also responsible for directing and advising leadership within Recreation Services, performing employee evaluations, and providing leadership support and responsible for oversight of employee discipline including terminations. Scheduling staff ; oversees volunteers within the department, promoting and supporting a team approach among Recreation Services staff, providing crisis intervention as needed and performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
This is a fulltime position, must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation or a related field, with an emphasis in therapeutic recreation or community organization is preferred.
- Experience supporting individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the field of recreation or related field.
- Two years in administrative or supervisory position is preferred.
- Possess sound oral and written communication skills as well as decision making skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels of Community Living, Inc.
- Possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft applications including, but not limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO : ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.