The Adult Recreation Direct Support Professional is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through recreational activities. This position works directly with persons served of the program and meets their needs while demonstrating flexibility in adapting to those needs. Individual must represent Community Living, Inc. in the community with appropriate professional behavior at all times. Check vans daily and transport persons served to and from Adult Recreation events in a safe and efficient manner. Adult recreation direct support staff will complete all documentation related to persons served activities on a daily basis. Assist persons served with hygiene, physical, and mobility needs as necessary. Ensure the safety and welfare of all persons served. Provide supervision and evaluation of volunteers during activities. Track the money allocated for events. Promote and maintain a positive relationship between the Adult Recreation program and its persons served families, staff, and volunteers. Fulfill utilization requirements as assigned. Get to know each person served and anticipate the persons served needs. All other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position, which includes 3 shifts a week varying M-F evenings and Saturday days and evenings.
Pay Rate: 12.00 Hour
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must possess computer skills that include the ability to navigate and use email and Microsoft Office.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
Don’t have the relevant experience? We provide all the necessary training needed and you get paid as you train.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran