This position is responsible for providing assistance and training to support persons served with maintaining independence in their homes and in their communities. ILA direct support professionals provide instruction and support with independent living skills such as budgeting, menu planning, grocery shopping, household maintenance, laundry skills, banking, social skills and household/community safety. They will also provide crisis intervention for persons served such as handling problems with benefits (Social Security, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc.), job related difficulties, family/roommate conflicts, checking account problems and any others that may arise. Other duties may include assisting and/or providing transportation as funding allows, providing health (medical/dental/medication) monitoring, completing all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and promoting and maintain a positive relationship between the program and its persons served, families, staff, volunteers and other agencies. Perform all other duties as assigned
Pay Rate: $12.00
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong decision making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to identify with and care for others
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must possess computer skills that include the ability to use Microsoft Office and email.
- Must possess ability to work independently in participant’s homes and community (little to no supervision).
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test,
- Criminal Background Check,
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List, and
- A valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a car and/or van.
Don’t have any relevant experience? We provide all the necessary training needed and you will get paid as you train!
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran