This position is responsible for assisting with the overall functions and responsibilities of the Finance Department. It requires the ability to anticipate, diagnose, analyze and resolve problems. This position must be able to utilize logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives. Individual must demonstrate self-control and possess the ability to manage time and priorities as well as handle sensitive issues utilizing tact and diplomacy. The Accounting coordinator will prepare monthly billings to funders; collaborates with Accountant to manage accounts receivable and collections, review and prepare bi-weekly In Home Respite payments to clients. Perform all accounts payable functions on a weekly basis and maintains vendors, ensures W9 compliance, runs annual IRS 1099 and 1096 forms. Other responsibilities may include investigating and analyzing payable and receivable issues, record all social security activity of funds for clients when Agency is payee on their behalf, act as a backup to the payroll function and processes bi-weekly payroll at least 6 times annually. Other tasks include reconciling all credit card purchases and audits to determine Agency compliance and balance sheet accounts monthly.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- Effectively communicate and support other Agency departments including program staff.
- Must be proficient with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in MIP or Sage fund accounting software preferred but not required.
- Knowledge/experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable is required.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran