The Shift Nurse is responsible for providing high quality medical care and treatment to individuals utilizing the Respite Care Home. The Shift Nurse will document medical care and treatment as outlined in the current Nurses Practice Act. This position also supervises direct support professionals on their shift. Shift nurses are responsible for the overall safety, health and welfare of all persons served, while also assisting direct support professionals in providing all aspects of care and providing consultative services to all Community Living residential facilities as needed. Shift Nurses are responsible for maintaining current, relevant health services training manual and responsibilities for all medication administration details: policy, implementation, training, storage, documentation, etc. Shift Nurses will also write assessments and summaries for assigned persons served.
Shift Nurses are responsible to attend persons served annual meetings and doctor’s appointments, as appropriate. While also serving as a liaison with pharmacy as well as all consulting healthcare practitioners, medical offices and hospitals. Shift Nurses must be able to effectively handle difficult or sensitive issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy and effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kind of people. Assume other duties as assigned.
Part-Time, $23.63-28.63 per hour
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- RN License in the State of Missouri.
- One year previous experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a concise professional manner.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, etc.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which include:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained.
- Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Community Living, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.