Medical Direct Support Professional
This position provides support to persons served with developmental disabilities that require protective oversight, behavioral support or assistance with the activities of daily living (ADL) and certain independent activities of daily living (IADL) and provides leadership and direction to Direct Support Professionals. The medical direct support professional becomes familiar with individuals program file. Performs activities outlined on the program plan to achieve the goals and expectations identified by the parents/program coordinator. Follows through with all physician orders and treatment plans, utilizing nursing and supervisory support as appropriate. The medical direct support professional will also provide medical providers, nursing staff, management, families and co-workers with appropriate information and/or documentation as needed to meet the needs of the residents (clients). Track’s, schedules and attend doctor’s appointments. Insures all documentation is done accurately and on time. Transports persons served safely. Incorporates assistance of persons served as often as possible in order to teach life skills. Example: meals, hygiene and daily living. Assists persons served with activities of daily living such as feeding, toileting, personal hygiene and changing clothes. Ensures the safety and welfare of all persons served. Gets to know each person served and anticipates the person served needs. Passes medications without error. Oversees and order medication supplies as needed. All other duties as assigned.
This is a fulltime position days and times vary.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a Medical Support Professional is preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Successful completion of the Medication Administration Class Training.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
Don’t have the relevant experience? We provide all the necessary training needed and you get paid as you train.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran