Quality Control Analyst
This position is responsible for ensuring quality services for persons with developmental disabilities. The Quality Control Analyst will monitor and manage electronic systems through routine record reviews to ensure continuous improvement in services and adherence to guidelines and regulations. Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are essential to this job. Create and curate Therap Electronic Documentation Systems. Provide exceptional internal and external customer service. Monitor and act as a resource for electronic documentation. Perform quality control checks and provide recommendations for improving quality. Create and maintain self-directed video tutorials for training purposes. Document procedures and instructions for Therap Systems. Work with employees to facilitate understanding of data gathering and data quality and train employees.
This is a full-time 40-hour position Monday-Friday 8a-4p
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service or related field required.
• Minimum of one year of experience with persons with disabilities is preferred.
• Experience with digital documentation quality assurance and control
• Excellent computer skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Time management skills
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work as a team member.
Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
•Pre-employment drug test
•Criminal Background Check
•Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
•Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran