Respite Care Home Coordinator
This position is responsible for intake and information for the Respite Care Home (RCH). This includes taking referrals, new intakes, and tours. The Respite Care Home Coordinator is also responsible for all records and record keeping as well as documentation and the training of all staff regarding RCH record keeping and documentation. This position is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the individual planning process for designated persons served who may reside at the RCH. The Respite Care Home Coordinator is responsible for employee training as it relates to individual plans, goals and supports, behavioral issues, etc. related to each person served.
The Respite Care Home Coordinator provides transportation to medical residents as needed, promotes and maintains a positive relationship between the RCH and persons served families, staff, volunteers and other agencies. This position ensures the coordination of Individual Plan implementation and related staff training regarding documentation. The Respite Care Home Coordinator assists persons served with hygiene, physical and mobility needs as necessary. This position ensures the safety and welfare of all persons served and provides supervisory oversight in the absence of the RCH Manager.
This is a full-time position with a mix of Monday-Friday 1st and 2nd shift hours and some weekend hours as needed.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service or related field.
- Experience with the developmental disability population is preferred.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong decision-making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to identify with and care for others
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran