The Vocational Instructor is responsible for helping individuals with disabilities learn and perform their job duties. This position works with persons served one-on-one to develop hard and soft skills related to employment. The Vocational Instructor provides on-going support to persons served working in various employment sites in the community. Duties include but are not limited to implementing training plans and formal programs to ensure successful employment or training for persons served, writing clear and concise reports and progress notes for persons served, completing monthly reports collecting accurate data on persons served, attending and schedule meetings as necessary for each person served and maintaining funding guidelines and ensuring compliance.
This is a fulltime position working evenings and weekends based on the persons served needs.
Pay Rate: 12.00 per hour
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Must possess basic computer skills that include the ability to navigate, use e-mail and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to take and pass a defensive driving course
Don’t have the relevant experience? We provide all the necessary training needed and you get paid as you train.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran