The Maintenance Technician provides support to Community Living facilities regarding the care and repair of buildings, property, homes and vehicles. You will become familiar with all properties and vehicles owned or operated by Community Living. Primary duties include performing electrical repairs such as changing outlets and fixtures, performing plumbing repairs such as unclogging drain lines and replacing plumbing fixtures. Duties also include appliance repair, carpentry work such as drywall repair, painting, repairing doors, repairing windows and floors. This position also insures automotive maintenance on the Community Living vehicle fleet, which includes checking fluid levels and keeping records of vehicle maintenance. May include subcontract work for other related non-profit agencies with missions similar to Community Living. This would occur at the direction of the Facility Manager. Perform all other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position and offers flexible scheduling. Location will vary based on the needs of the facilities located throughout St. Charles County.
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr
- Must be 18 or older
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years maintenance experience
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check
- A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a large van and take and pass our defensive driving course.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran