Teen Club Support Staff is responsible for assisting teens with after-school camp activities to promote social, physical and intellectual growth in leisure and recreation. Staff will provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities that require protective oversight, behavioral support, or assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and certain independent activities of daily living (IADL). In addition, staff will incorporate planned activities into daily activities, and modify activities to meet needs of participants with physical or reasoning abilities.
Starting Wage: $10.50
This is a part-time position for the 2017-2018 school year.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Arrives to work in a timely manner.
- Works cooperatively as a team member.
- Maintains a safe environment for participants at all times.
- Attains and maintains all required training and certifications.
- Assists participants with daily living skills as needed (may include eating, using restroom, dressing, etc.)
- Reviews all program files and records as directed.
- Performs activities outlined in program plans regarding goals, as directed.
- Assist participants with physical and mobility needs as necessary.
- Maintains positive communication with participants (sign language, nonverbal, PECS system, etc.)
- Passes medications without error (as appropriate).
- Reports all incidents to supervisor(s) immediately (injury, behavioral, staffing, etc.)
- Interacts appropriately with family members/advocates/guardians of participants.
- Represents Community Living, Inc. in the community with professional and appropriate behavior at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 17 years of age.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills that include the ability to navigate, use email and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Ability to work as a team member.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Missouri Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May drive large van to and from events, programs, etc. Must assist clients entering and exiting the van. Lock down wheel chairs on vans.
- Physically assist participants as needed.
- Lift participants who cannot bear weight.
- Push and maneuver wheel chairs.
- Moderate Work: Exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List
- Driver’s License, proof of insurance and an exceptional driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a large van and take and pass defensive driving course.