Residential Direct Support Staff assist and train residents in their own home, according to an individualized plan. Staff will need to provide assistance to ensure each person’s physical health and well-being, which may include assisting with hygiene, passing medications, meal preparation and other housekeeping tasks. In addition, residents will need good role modeling and assistance to respond appropriately to others within the facility and community, and possibly at work. Staff must demonstrate effective writing skills to document shift activities appropriately. Staff will operate with a good deal of independence, and need to show a high level of responsibility and decision making when unexpected events occur. Full- and part-time openings.
Starting Wage: $10.50
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18, unless otherwise approved.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List
- Driver’s License: a valid driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a car and/or van.
No experience required but a caring personality is a must!
ALL SUPPORT STAFF MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIAL DUTIES WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and write at a level that enables adequate completion of job responsibilities.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all participants.
- Complete all required training, in-services, and certifications.
- Transport participants safely.
- Must be able to assist participants with physical and mobility needs if necessary as further detailed in the attached Mobility Assistance Duties.
- In facilities where it’s necessary, accurate passing of medications to participants.
- Perform other activities as directed.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people.
- Demonstrate empathy: Identifying with and caring about others. Work effectively and productively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adapt to changes.
- Demonstrate adequate decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate self-control.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage time and priorities.
- Anticipate and meet participants’ needs, wants and expectations. Ability to facilitate and support the personal growth of participants.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult or sensitive issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy.
COMMUNITY LIVING, INC. MOBILITY ASSISTANCE DUTIES
This position requires providing direct support to our participants, including some lifting and mobility assistance. Depending on the needs of the participant, you may be required to perform the following essential functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation. If you have any questions about performing these duties, please ask your supervisor.
- Assist participants ascending stairs
- Assist participants descending stairs
- Push/maneuver and/or collapse a wheelchair
- Assist a participant to get up after a seizure or fall
- Assist a participant in maneuvering curbs, steps, or slick surfaces to avoid falls, or to break falls
- Assisting and maneuvering participants while transferring positions
- Lifting participants who bear weight
- Maneuvering a collapsed wheelchair into and out of a vehicle or vehicle trunk area
- Drive a company car, mini van or 15-passenger van
- Assist people into and out of vehicles
- Lock down wheelchairs on lift vans
- Routine housekeeping duties (such as vacuuming, mopping, bathroom cleaning, etc.)
- Routine shopping (Supplies, groceries, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran