Community Living, Inc., a St. Charles County-based non-profit organization supporting individuals of all ages with disabilities to reach their highest potential, is seeking a Director of Finance. Community Living, Inc. is committed to excellence and compassion in providing innovative services and opportunities for people with disabilities. As a member of our leadership team, the Director of Finance plays an integral role in the fulfillment of the mission.
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing the financial functions and responsibilities of the organization. This includes leading and directing all financial processes including billing, accounts payable and receivable, collections, budgeting, and forecasting, financial reporting to the Board of Directors, and all other financial activities and processes required to support the mission of Community Living. The Director of Finance oversees processes to ensure proper approval and control of the organization’s expenditures and directs compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. The Director of Finance is part of the leadership team that provides strategic direction for the organization and reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual operational budget, in conjunction with leadership staff, for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare annual capital budget for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain cash management functions, cash flow analyses, and other treasury functions as needed.
- Direct monthly financial closing process inaccurate and time-sensitive manner.
- Analyze monthly financial reports and identify significant variances to the budget; identify opportunities for improved efficiencies.
- Report monthly financial results to senior management, finance committee, and Board of Directors.
- Supervise and direct accounting staff to ensure that accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, and account reconcilements are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are developed and followed.
- Coordinate the annual audit, preparation of required tax returns, and other requirements with outside audit firm.
- Responsible for annual review of insurance coverages; maintain relationships with insurance brokers and coordinate solicitation of annual bids.
- Provide financial support and training to management staff
- Work collaboratively with Board of Directors, staff, community members, and other supporters.
- Serve as key staff liaison for Board Treasurer, Finance Committee, Investment Committee; participate, as needed in all Board Committees.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a financial management position is required. Prior financial management experience within non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Strong accounting background and experience managing an accounting department is required.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, managerial, and interpersonal skills.