This position is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the individual planning process. The plan is designed to meet the individual needs of each client. This includes communicating, building a rapport and relating well to all clients, families, team members and other stake holders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all clients, families and visitors.
- Provide direct support as needed or assigned.
- Coordinates Individual Plans for SSA clients.
- Responsible for employee training as it relates to individual plans, goals, support and behavioral issues.
- Assists clients with hygiene, physical and mobility needs as necessary.
- Accurately pass all medications when applicable.
- Promote and maintain a positive relationship between the program and its participant’s, families, staff, volunteers and other agencies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Service or a related field (DDP qualified) is required.
- Previous experience with the MR/DD population is preferred.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
- Assumes a leadership role in the absence of the Manager.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Missouri Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Drive large van to and from events, programs, etc. Must assist clients entering and exiting the van. Lock down wheel chairs on vans.
- Physically assist participants as needed.
- Lift participants who cannot bear weight.
- Push and maneuver wheel chairs.
- Moderate Work: Exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check.
- Driver’s License, proof of insurance and an exceptional driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a large van and take and pass defensive driving course.