The Nurse Manager of the Respite Care Home is responsible for the overall function of the Respite Care Home. This position is responsible for the annual budgeting process and assuring the budget is met. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, quality, safety, programs and financial needs and coordinating activities throughout the facility. This position oversees all day-to-day operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan, coordinate and implement growth and expansion in accordance to the Strategic Plan. Leads any restructuring efforts.
- Provide leadership and support to each individual program and facility within the scope of services provided.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all participants.
- Work with nursing services to ensure quality nursing services throughout the agency.
- Hire, train supervise and evaluate all nursing staff.
- Anticipate, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase efficiencies.
- Promote quality supports and services.
- Seek out and meets with new potential clients.
- Conduct facility tours on an as needed basis.
- Oversee program compliance with CARF, DMH, DDRB and Medicaid Waiver regulations.
- Hire, train and supervise the Assistant Director of the Respite Care Home.
- Support and promote leadership in Respite Care Home management.
- Promote and support a team approach among Respite Home leaders and staff.
- Responsible for the oversight of employee relations.
- Monitor the financial viability of the Respite Care Home. Meets budget requirements.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Direct and advise leadership within the Respite Care Home.
- Responsible for performing leadership and employee evaluations, providing leadership support and responsible for oversight of employee discipline.
- Develop, direct and administer the annual budget.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Registered Nurse with a current Missouri License is required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- One to three years Management and/or supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience with the MR/DD population is preferred.
- Possess sound oral and written communication skills as well as decision making skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels of Community Living.
- Possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Missouri RN License is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Light Work – Exerts up to 20lbs force occasionally associated with moving objects. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common. Typical office setting.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Missouri Family Care Safety Registry Check