The Residential Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility or facilities and the safety and welfare of staff and participants. This position is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the individual planning process for designated residents. The position is also responsible for the hiring, firing, growth and development of employees.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversees the safety and welfare of all clients, staff, family and visitors.
- Coordinate individual planning process.
- Provide oversight of budget and finances.
- Coordinate facility and vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Assists participants with hygiene, physical and mobility needs as necessary.
- Accurately pass out medications to clients and oversees all medication administration.
- Responsible for all medication administration details: policy, implementation and training, storage, documentation, etc.
- Completes reports as necessary.
- Provide support staff training as needed.
- Anticipate, analyze, diagnose and resolve problems.
- Effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Hire and supervise staff in adequate numbers to meet participant’s needs.
- Participate and provide input into employee’s annual evaluations.
- Supervise staff regarding the daily operations of the homes.
- Responsible for residential employee relations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Service or a related field (QMRDDP qualified) is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience with the MR/DD population is preferred.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Possess good listening and comprehension skills along with strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Missouri Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Drive large van to and from events, programs, etc. Must assist clients entering and exiting the van. Lock down wheel chairs on vans.
- Physically assist participants as needed.
- Push and maneuver wheel chairs.
- Moderate Work: Exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List Check.
- Driver’s License, proof of insurance and an exceptional driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a large van and take and pass defensive driving course.