The Shift Nurse is responsible for a high-quality of medical care and treatment to individuals staying at the Respite Care Home. The Nurse will document medical care and treatment as outlined in the current Nurses Practice Act. This position supervises support staff on their shift.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the overall safety, health and welfare of all clients.
- Document medical care and treatment per the current Nurse Practice Act.
- Assist support staff in providing all aspects of care.
- Provide consultative services to all Community Living residential facilities as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining current, relevant health services training manuals.
- Act as consultant for all agency programs.
- Responsible for infection control, blood borne pathogens training standards and compliance.
- Responsible for all medication administration details: policy, implementation, training, storage, documentation, etc.
- Initiate socialization and interaction with program participants.
- Write assessments and summaries for assigned residents.
- Attend resident annual meetings and doctor’s appointments, as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison with pharmacy as well as all consulting healthcare practitioners, medical offices and hospitals.
- Anticipate, analyze, diagnose and resolve problems.
- Demonstrate initiative to learn and implement new concepts, technologies and/or methods.
- Effectively handle difficult or sensitive issues by utilizing tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kind of people.
- Work effectively and productively with others.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise support staff on duty in the absence of the Director or Assistant Director of the Respite Care Home.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year previous experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to write and document in a clear, concise professional manner.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, etc.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- RN or LPN License in the State of Missouri
- Missouri Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate Work – Exerts up to 50lbs of force occasionally and 20lbs frequently. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List
- Driver’s License, proof of insurance and an exceptional driving record must be maintained.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran