Vocational Instructors provide individualized on-the-job training and workplace support to persons with disabilities, based on their needs, ability and desires. Individual may be involved in client assessment and placement, as well as job analysis, task analysis, and job adaptations and accommodations. Individual is an advocate for the client in his/her workplace, and demonstrates effective interactions with employers, consumers and co-workers. The Vocational Instructor ensures that all Vocational Rehabilitation guidelines are maintained to guarantee compliance & ensures that program coordination is performed in a consistent and timely manner. This is a full-time position — 40 hours/week, variable shifts including some evenings and weekends.
Starting Wage: $10.76 per hour
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18, unless otherwise approved.
- Must meet prerequisites for employment.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
ACCEPTABLE RESULTS FROM:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List
- Driver’s License: a valid driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Must be able to drive a car and/or van.
- Job coaching using structured intervention techniques to help the client/employee learn to perform job tasks to the employer’s specifications and to learn interpersonal skills necessary to be accepted as a worker at the job site.
- Collect, compile and organize information for Individual Records.
- Write clear and concise reports.
- Maintain/schedule caseload to ensure maximum efficiency and quality of service.
- Attend department and team meetings as required.
- Reliable transportation: this individual must be able to get to job sites and may be required to attend multiple job sites in one day.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible (able to “switch gears” easily), organized, and good time-management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of work environments which may include retail, food service, pet care, child care, manufacturing, janitorial, and other entry level type positions.