As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) in the Respite Center program, you will support individuals with developmental disabilities, ages 6-21, who require protective oversight, behavioral support, or assistance with activities of daily living to maximize their ability to be as independent as possible. In this role, you will work to implement individualized support plans, promote the wellbeing of our youth, and provide training, coaching, and assistance to youth in all areas of their lives. Additionally, you can expect to assist with transporting youth, providing personal care needs, completing and maintaining reports, assisting in meal preparation, and other housekeeping tasks.
The Respite Center program is a weekend program that operates from Friday at 4 p.m. through Sunday at 6 p.m. in O’Fallon. Currently, we have part-time day and evening openings.
Pay Rate: $11.50
- Must be 18 or older
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Must meet prerequisites for employment, which includes:
- Pre-employment drug test,
- Criminal Background Check,
- Division of Aging Employee Disqualification List, and
- A valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and an acceptable driving record must be maintained. Those over 21 years of age must be able to drive a large van and take and pass defensive driving course
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is required.
If you are looking for a career that offers growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and a rewarding job experience – Work with a Purpose and apply today!